Wednesday 15 February 2012

Regally Inspired!


These are colours I never use. I have no idea why, just one of those things. The Bravo Burgundy is still the original cardstock I bought a couple of years ago, and for some strange reason I must have felt like More Mustard was my own personal in-colour, as I have two new packages stored away. And, I never use them. I love Always Artichoke as a colour, but am stumped as to how to use it creatively.

This card was inspired by a napkin I saw at my friend's house (my good friend, who I am going to convention with) a while back - early January, possibly. The colours on the napkin (scroll to bottom) really popped out at me and I thought the shapes would be interesting on a card.

I used my 1" square punch to punch the shapes, and then punched opposite corners with my corner rounder punch. I love that little punch so much.

It's my father-in-law's birthday in early March, so this will be set aside for him.
The inside, same colours - soft suede, very vanilla and more mustard.
Here is the napkin that gave me inspiration this week - love when that happens!

Stamp Sets: Best Dad Ever, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess set)
Ink: Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Suede
Punches: 1" Square Punch, 3/16" Corner Punch
Other: Natural Hemp Twine, Antique Brads, Stripes Embossing Folder, Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment