Monday 23 January 2012

Creating Pretty Cards #7

Since coming across the Mocha Morning Butterflies card, which I totally stole from Craft Project Central, I decided to take part in their monthly challenge of Creating Pretty Cards. But now, looking at my card, compared to the artists already submitted, I fear I am way out of my league.
Did you see their cards? So pretty and so very vintage. And such great use of paper, ribbon and embellishments. I don't know.....how do you become more vintage? Is it learned, or is it in your nature to begin with?
I admit, I am a fan of clean lines and not too fussy for me. I like sharp images. I am not cutesy. I'm a little girly and I like flowers and clear images. But every now and then, I see a vintage card and I fall in love. And I try, and then I fail, to recreate it.

As usual, I finished my inside. You can write a heartwarming message of any kind. I didn't add a sentiment to the front, you could use it for anything - thanks, birthday, thinking of you, get well soon, anything really.
So, I will submit it to CPC and watch for other amazing entries. And, maybe along the way, I will pick up a trick or two. I'm still learning this craft, and I am loving the learning.

Stamp Set: Button Buddies
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Certainly Celery
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Definitely Daffodil, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Beyond the Garden
Punch: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
Other: Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Snail Adhesive, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Enjoy!

PS - I am confused with this challenge - the header of the post on CPC says Week 3, but this is challenge #7. Oh, maybe it's week 3 OF challenge #7. Blonde moment.
PPS - I am also confused as to whether you can use retired SU products....I see some entries have done this. I will keep watch :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bianca, thanks for joining our Creating Pretty Cards challenge and for sharing your pretty card! So bright and cheerful. Yes, it's week 3 of challenge #7. Yes you can use retired SU products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I love the layered scallops and the pearls in the center of your flowers. This is such a cheerful card! Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete